Introduction to Projects and Consultations
Creating Your First Project
Once you’ve set up your site, general pages and settings, it’s time to create your first project. For each project, choose from 29 informative and participation/feedback tools:
Display your project information, links, documents, latest news and timeline. Bring it to life through rich media tools for video and images:
- Project Overview Tool: Provide a summary of what the consultation is all about. Determine if it is public (viewable by all) or private (invitation only).
- Latest News Blog Widget Tool: Keep your stakeholders and community informed with project updates, media releases, opportunities and consultation outcomes; List unlimited news items per project and choose your layout option.
- Project Document Library Widget Tool: Include relevant plans, documents, spreadsheets and presentations in a well laid-out folder system
- Image Gallery Widget Tool: Drag and drop your photos and videos into a gallery of images.
- Video Gallery Widget Tool: Embed YouTube, Vimeo and Animoto videos.
- Who's Listening Widget Tool: Humanise – show that ‘real people’ are listening to the conversation by displaying an image, name and title of the person overseeing the project.
- Project Background Widget Tool: Provide a summary of what the consultation is all about. Determine if it is public (viewable by all) or private (invitation only).
- Additional Content Widget Tools: Two flexible rich content areas for adding further information, images, videos and block quotes to the main section or sidebar of your project page.
- Project Timelines Widget Tool: Publicly display the steps within your engagement process and other key dates of the project.
- Project Links Widget Tool: Create links to external URLs on a project basis.
- Project Banner Widget Tool: Display unique banners and sliders for each project and add overlay text if required. You can also add pop-up boxes to appear on your homepage.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Widget Tool: Frequently Asked Questions on a project/consultation basis including categories.
- Other Information / Embed Widget Tool: Embed source code and/or iframes for Twitter, Facebook, Slideshare, Prezi etc.
- Sidebar Timeline Widget Tool: Publicly display your engagement process and important key project dates so your stakeholders can visualise the complete picture of the process and determine when they can get involved in the consultation.
- Who’s Listening Tool: Humanise – show that ‘real people’ are listening to the conversation by displaying an image, name and title of the person overseeing the project.
- Language Translator Tool: On each project, you can now enable the new language translator tool in the sidebar to help users easily navigate to their chosen language - supports over 100 languages with just one click.
- Customise Widget Tools: Customise your site even further with the option to change the name, colour and position of all widgets. Enjoy the freedom and flexibility to think of different ways to utilise your widget tools.
Participation / Feedback Tools
Engage with your community and seek valuable feedback through surveys, quick polls, forums, idea walls, events, budget simulator and interactive images and maps:
- Survey and Form Widget Tool: Our flexible survey tool lets you create simple or complex surveys with various question types, and the powerful analytics identify key themes and sentiment for fast analysis and reporting. With 12 question types, including dropdown, short/ full comment answer, multiple choice, ranking and conditional logic questions, registered users and visitors can submit surveys or you can enable ‘Take Survey Anonymously’ for broader reach.
- Advanced Mapping Widget Tool: Overlay layers of your GIS map and ask for feedback on a defined location within your map. The community can pin by category and engage with other comments
- Budget Widget Tool: A detailed scaleable tool for community members to vote and amend budgets with user feedback.
- Community Chat / Q&A Widget Tool: Get a conversation going with our online forum or Question & Answer Tool
- Events Registration Widget Tool: Notify and encourage your community to attend workshops, forums and events. This is a complete event registration system!
- Ideas and Extended Ideas & Story Wall Widget Tools: Several customisable creative tools for stakeholders to pitch ideas and share their stories and have them voted on
- Interactive Mapping Widget Tool: Enable the community to pin by category and respond to comments on an interactive map! Others can like, dislike and respond.
- Interactive Media Widget Tool: Pin interactive elements to any media and collect comments and votes on each item. Select from a range of 66 pulsating icons which users to click on to pop up more information.
- Interactive Image/PDF Widget Tool: Upload your concept plan and have your stakeholders pin comments directly onto it!
- Quick Polls Widget Tool and Sidebar Quick Polls Widget Tool: Make it easy for your community to assist you in prioritising options with text, image, audio and video polls. Available in the main body or sidebar.
- Submission Widget Tool: Anyone can quickly complete an online submission, including attachments.
Learn more about how our Projects and Consultations features can enhance your online stakeholder engagement activities :